Rev. Charles T. Bolen
From Pastor Charlie
I really don’t remember a time that I didn’t have a relationship with God, having been made aware of Jesus from the earliest of ages. It was in my high school years that I made a public commitment to be a disciple of Christ. Looking back, I now know that from childhood the Lord was preparing me for His call into pastoral ministry. As a youngster, I would preach to the trees in the backyard while using the air conditioner unit as a pulpit.
Dates of personal interest…
- First date with the future Kelli Bolen on April 28, 1991. It was to Sunday night church followed by Dairy Queen.
- Engaged to Kelli on October 19, 1991.
- Blessedly married to Kelli on May 16, 1992.
- Karlee Belynn born February 20, 1997.
- Jodee Elizabeth born on May 28, 1998.
- Andrue Charles Thomas and Maloree Eden Victoria born on July 20, 2001.
There are very few things that I like less than talking about myself. I’d much rather talk about Someone Who is worth talking about….Jesus!
Since I’ve been asked to submit some biographical information, I’ll do so with the premise of Romans 7:18a and John 15:5. I’m constantly reminded in Romans 7:18a “For I know that in me (that is , in my flesh) nothing good dwells,” and in John 15:5 I hear Jesus repeatedly say, “I am the vine, you are the branches, He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.” Plain and simple…apart from Christ, I am nothing and without Christ, I can do nothing. To Jesus Christ and Him alone belongs all the glory.
Let me share some dates…
- I was born on July 27, 1969 and grew up in Sutton WV in Braxton County.
- From birth I attended Sutton Baptist Church.
- Graduated from Braxton County High School on June 5, 1987.
- Graduated from Glenville State College with a B.S. in Business Administration on May 11, 1991.
- Graduated from the Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science on September 4, 1992.
- Currently pursing a Master of Divinity through Luther Rice University and Seminary, with the eventual goal of a Doctor of Ministry.
- Minister of youth at Sutton Baptist Church from March 1991 to October 1992.
- Youth pastor at Little Laurel Baptist Church in Richwood, WV from January 1993 to June 1994.
- Interim Pastor at Little Laurel Baptist Church from June 1994 to July 1994.
- Senior Pastor at Little Laurel Baptist Church from July 1994 to September 1996.
- Senior Pastor at Grass Lick Baptist Church in Kenna, WV from September 1996 to February 2005.
- Senior Pastor at Judson Baptist Church in Belle,WV from February 20, 2005 to the present.
Other significant dates….
- Publicly announced call to ministry on June 30, 1991.
- Licensed to preach the Gospel on July 28, 1991.
- Ordained into pastoral ministry on March 13, 1994.
My prayer is that when all is said and done it may be said of me,”He was all about Jesus!”